Day 11 - I haven't been using a textured plain base as with the Shoes and maybe that's causing me gried. Regardless, I laid down a thick layer of Quin Crimson with a touch of Payne's grey. The combination caused a purplish haze that I wasn't too thrilled with so once dry (by the way, I just about ALWAYS use a dryer for quick results - I'm not above letting the paint bubble too for added texture - just thought you might like to know!) I laid a piece of canvas grid over and dry brushed some gloss black over the base colour. Once that was dry I went back in with some quin crimson and titanium white. Glued down the house and the number 27 popped into my head so stencilled that in Quin Crimson. I wonder if this house's street number was indeed 27?!?
Day 12 - Double "ugh" for this one. The base started out with a combintion of sparkly copper, Pthalo Blue Green and some sort of yellow - frankly the whole creation is a blur because it headed from bad to worse to I HATE THIS to blecccchhhhhhhh! I did lines. I did swirls. I did circles. I stitched the photo onto the substrate. I added some more marks. I stencilled some squares. I covered up the swirls. I scrubbed out the lines. I peeled the top coat of the photo. I despaired. I covered up some more of the marks and added some more squares and called it a day. I still don't like it but I've run out of time. And sometimes that's what happens in art making. It ain't all roses and blue skies, folks! Just sayin'.